Discussion of collected typeface specimens, introduction/installation of Glyphs font editor & in-class bezier drawing from sketches.
- Continue to digitize and space as well as you can the letters a d e o i n H O
- When happy with your shapes and spacing (refer to guides below), generate your font and install it
- Make proofs! You will find a sample proof here. Use adhesiontext for interim proofs until you have all the characters.
- List in a text file at least 10 things you notice about the shapes in the proof that you didn't notice while you were drawing them.
- Submit both PDF proof and typed notes in a named folder to my DB before the start of class 3.
Gerry Leonidas' The Origin of Adhesion or watch the video
Mark Jamra's Basic Character Spacing
Walter Tracy's spacing guide